What is Chakra Balancing?
In Sanskrit, the word “chakra” means “disk” or “wheel” and refers to the energy centers in your body. These wheels or disks of spinning energy each correspond to certain nerve bundles and major organs.
To function at their best, your chakras need to stay open, or balanced. If they get blocked, you may experience physical or emotional symptoms related to a particular chakra.
There are seven main chakras that run along your spine. They start at the root, or base, of your spine and extend to the crown of your head.
1. The Root Chakra is located at the base of your spine. It helps you feel grounded and stable.
2. The Sacral Chakra is located just below your belly button. It is linked to creative energy and your emotions towards others.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra is located in your stomach area. It's responsible for confidence and self-esteem. It also helps you feel in control of your life.
4. The Heart Chakra is located near your heart. This allows us to show love and compassion.
5. The Throat Chakra is located in your throat and helps you have the ability to communicate verbally.
6. Third Eye Chakra is located between your eyes and is responsible for intuition.
7. The Crown Chakra is located above the head and is the spiritual connection.
Reiki works to balance these chakras.
With Crystal Reiki specific crystals are used with each chakra.